Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ten Things Your Wedding Photographer Should Ask You

This was from an article I wrote for the Hudson Valley Wedding and Event Professional's March Bridal Newsletter. So many of the prospective clients I meet with tell me that my questions really help them to think about their wedding. Here are a few off the top of my head. (Really I could come up with 100 questions -- but let's keep it brief.) I hope it helps you!

Ten Things Your Wedding Photographer Should Ask You
Photobucket

1. Do you want engagement portraits? Formal, studio portraits or candid “day-in-the-life” shots in your home or in a place you like?

2. Before the wedding do you want “Getting Ready” photographs? Does the groom? Where will you be?

3. Do you want to see each other before the ceremony? Where?

4. Where are you getting married and what is it about this place that is important to you? Where is the reception going to be held and what is important to you about this location?

5. What special events are happening in your ceremony or reception? Lighting a unity candle? Breaking a glass? Readings from a relative? Cutting the cake? Father/Daughter dance? Slide show?

6. When and where do you want to do the group photos? After the ceremony? Before the reception? During?

7. How do you want to group people for the portraits? Bride and Groom with each family? With just parents? With both families combined? What about your dog? What about bridesmaids and the best man? Who will wrangle them at the right time?

8. Do you want portraits to be formal? Do you want fun/funny posed shots? Do you like interesting camera angles and experimental processes or are you more traditional?

9. Do you want formal Bride and Groom portraits in the studio? Before the wedding day or after the honeymoon?

10. Do you like detail shots? (The cake, the invitation, the place settings, the bouquet, the band, the decorations?)

0 comments:

FREE 8X10 WEDDING PORTRAIT!

FREE 8x10 WEDDING PORTRAIT

If you like my photographs and want me to shoot your wedding, just mention that you saw my blog I'll provide you with a FREE 8x10 archival portrait from your wedding -- any shot you choose and I'll retouch, color correct and print it for you for FREE -- $100 value!

(845) 256-1896

Photobucket

denise@yourdayphoto.com

This is my photoblog showing select photographs from weddings I've had the good fortune to shoot around the Hudson Valley, Westchester County and NYC. I love to take pictures of beautiful brides and handsome grooms on their big day -- and I especially love the fantastic spots they choose for their ceremony. I'll try to highlight these places as much as I can. If you ever have questions about the places you see in my photos, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Thank you for looking at the Your Day Photo web log!


Your Day Photo

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP